Thursday, October 11, 2012

Grassi Lakes August 30th 2012

August was an incredibly busy month.  We moved, a couple days later Alyssa started back to school, then Emerson started school, we went to Toronto for the wedding. That was all before the middle of the month. By the end of August I was in need of some time out of the city. 

I took the kids out to Canmore and we did the Grassi Lakes Trail.  The weather was beautiful!  We took the longer more difficult and scenic route on the way up so we could see the waterfall.  On the way back down we came down the road, I didn't want the kids having to walk down the really steep stone steps.  Emerson and Alyssa are excellent little hikers and there were many people who commented on how well they did.


I had to stop and get the kids to take pictures here. I can not tell you how many pictures I have of myself when I was little doing this very pose.



There was a lot of water along the trail on the way up.


















On the other side of one of the lakes were rock climbers, we walked around the lake to get a closer look.

The kids did some climbing and exploring



My arms aren't really long so it was tricky getting a picture, and they both kept making silly faces so this is the best one. Silly monkeys.



No comments: