Saturday, February 14, 2009





Happy Groundhog Day! We took out our tunnels so that we could pretend to be groundhogs :)
This week's theme is shadows so we made shadow puppets with our hands, danced around silly and watched our shadows follow us. I had planned on taking the kids out to measure our shadows on the ground outside a couple of times during one day but we ended up having no sun so it didn't happen. Later in the spring we'll play with shadows again and we'll be more likely to get sunny days. Here are a couple of cute songs we did this week....
Mr. Groundhog, Mr. Groundhog,
Take a peek, take a peek.
If you see your shadow,The weather will be wintry,
For six more weeks, six more weeks.
I'm a little ground hog, short and stout.
On ground hog day I pop my head out.
If I see my shadow I don't come out.
I stay down in my hole and pout.
See my shadow, see my shadow
Move this way, move that way.
See it do what I do, See it do what I do,
Follow me, follow me.

No comments: