Saturday, December 06, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
We let Alyssa stay up late last Sunday so that she could help decorate the Christmas tree. I like to wait until the first weekend in December to get out all the decorations but with Aly so excited I couldn't help but start humming Christmas tunes early. I'm also learning a couple of carols on the piano :) It worked out well though because Aly has loved being able to count the days till Christmas with her Advent calendar.
Emerson knew something was up so he woke up after his sister went to bed and came downstairs to have some milk and investigate the tree. I was worried I would have to be at him all the time to not pull things off but he's been great. He'll crawl or walk over and bat at a few decorations but that's about it.

I picked up 2 santa hats from Michaels for $5. Do you think i'll be able to get a pic of the two of them together? Not likely! This picture was pure coincidence as Aly was running around crazy as usual.

Alyssa loves all things crafty- woohoo! and here are some of the snowflakes she decorated with sequins, stickers and glitter glue.
OMG, I had to add this picture because it reminds me so much of Travis! Many of his pictures when he was young are almost exactly like that shoulder up, chin down shy smile.





No comments: