Monday, November 10, 2008


We went to the zoo in early October. This is the newest gorilla. I'm not sure on the spelling of her name but it means "the mother has returned" in honor of the previous female gorillas that have passed away in recent years.
We had fun watching her explore outside in the grasses.

Newest baby giraffe named Shirley (I think)

All the giraffes together before they sent Richard to the Toronto Zoo.

Whooping Crane

We went through the Candian wilds which we really don't go in often enough. It was a perfect fall day to see the animals. Aly loved seeing this moose, she kept talking about the book "if you give a moose a muffin" i've read it often enough I was able to tell her the whole story by memory.


The 3 otters are so cute! They are endlessly playful and Aly had fun running between the windows to chase and watch them all.

Aly has a thing for owls. She makes me turn on Harry Potter so she can see Harry get his owl Hedwig. No, I do not let her watch the entire movie, its way beyond her but I'll do just about anything to encourage her love of all animals. This guy was right in front of us, I've never seen the owls so close or awake during the day.


Mountain goats just hanging out. There were a couple of babies but they were hard to spot among the adults. We did catch one jumping around as we were leaving but I didn't get my camera out again quick enough.

The huge porcupine!

No comments: