Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Vaccinations

Some of you know that I am not in favour of vaccinating babies. I think that health canada is incorrect in painting all children with the same brush assuming that these vaccinations are safe for all. Since having kids I have made myself more aware of the toxins we are exposed to on a daily basis. Trying to keep my family healthy is important so when I came across this document I felt it important to share. I think it is important to consider what we are allowing our children to be injected with since they are going through huge developmental stages which will determine who they are and how they function as people later on in life.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/cig-gci/p01-tab01-eng.php

I'm not here to say i'm right and someone else is wrong for vaccinating, I'm just saying it may not be right for everyone. So, take a look at what is included in these vaccinations that we're giving to our babies do some other research and make an educated and well informed decision.

Getting off my soapbox now :)

7 comments:

Krystal said...

You will be one of my many sources when Mike & I start our little family, its crazy all these things that are out there now, since I've been seeing Linda about my allergies, has made me ay more attention to things such as vaccinations!!

Stephanie said...

Are you getting any vaccinations for the kids? The only reason I ask is that I see the other side. The diseases that we are vaccinating against, not all of them are needed I agree (such as the chicken pox vaccination, please!)

Though many are very important. These diseases such as whopping cough and polio are only not around because we are vaccinating our children. In the hospital we are seeing the start of many of these diseases coming back, and not being diagnosed since they are thought to not be found in developing countries, and I have seen too many things to count.

I do agree with you, and the chart is very frightening. Please talk to someone you trust about the vaccinations you need, because getting any one of the diseases is to frightening to imagine.

Ok, now I am off my soapbox

The Head Family said...

I agree Steph that some of the diseases are serious especially Polio, Tetanus, and Whooping cough. I'm concerned about how they group them together as a combination to cut down on how many shots a child has to have and with all the toxins that are in each individual vaccine i'm worried about the ability of a baby's body to metabolize all those toxins at once. I think that combining them has the potential for more serious reactions to the vaccine and the aluminum, neomycin and formaldehyde in these are known to be toxic to humans. When considering a baby I think any amount no matter how small is not ok because it has the potential for life altering side effects.

The Head Family said...

Along with worrying about the potential of chemicals leaking into our water from plastic bottles we should also be concerned about what we are injecting directly into our bodies. I would like to see the vaccines Green! free of all toxic preservatives.

Stephanie said...

Oh I agree totally, but maybe you should look into spacing them out over a year or two, start with the most serious, such as Polio and whopping cough and then maybe only get tetanus if you need it, such as exposure from a bite or a nail. With all the things to worry about, you definatly dont want to worry about the possibility your kids getting a serious illness that is avoidable.

The Head Family said...

I have been doing quite a bit of reading up on that possibility but not many doctors will go through the hassel of ordering the vaccines in individual doses for people. I plan on asking my doc if he be willing to do this for us but I find he not always have the most current up to date info on some subjects. I am also looking into pediatricians in the city that are open to alternate vaccination schedules.

Stephanie said...

Ya, if you have a problem finding one, let me know, I can talk to the doctors I work with and get some recommendations. There has to be some perks in working with doctors all day!