Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First Steps!

Alyssa is standing next to her booster seat all ready for Easter dinner. See how sturdy she is? She prefers to be upright as much as possible now. Aly is so funny to watch because she'll push anything across the floor to get from point A to point B and not have to crawl.


I love this picture of Alyssa and I. Great Auntie Dorothy gave this very cuddly bear to Aly for Easter. Just before this picture was taken Grandma Eileen was sharing some of her chocolate egg with Alyssa, Aly turned to me and took a falling step in my direction and then from me stood on her own for a few seconds and took her first solid step towards Daddy.

A couple of days after we got home Aly took 3 solid steps toward Daddy, I was not impressed. Who am I kidding, of course I was but really I was getting gyped.

Well last Sunday while at Uncle Peter and Jenny's baby shower Aly took 4 solid steps towards me, which Daddy missed seeing so he questions the validity but there were witnesses!

I think Alyssa's main hurdle to overcome with her walking is that she wants to go too fast. I think we'll see a few more steps from her but she'll soon get the hang of it and she'll be off and running!

No comments: