Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"Dada"


It is Aly's official first word. It happened last Thursday, we heard it but weren't sure she actually knew what she was saying. Then she said it again "Dada" looked up at Travis and crawled toward him.
Of course i'm slightly crushed and Travis is doing the victory dance. Alyssa thinks its a funny game we play now. I start saying "Mama, Mama, Mama" and she says "Dada, Dada, Dada" *Sigh* Oh well, I guess I just have to hope she'll take her first steps with me.
I got this picture at the perfect time because she is actually saying "Dada" here, I was still trying to persuade her that Mama should be her second word. Travis and I joke that it'll be something like Achilles and she'll say it with perfect clarity. So it goes.
There seems to be a strong Daddy theme in the Chronicals as of late. I think I need to get in front of the camera a little more. We'll see what we can do :)

No comments: